Singapore Taxi service
Over 15,000 air-conditioned cabs provide comfortable, hassle-free travel at a very reasonable cost. They can be flagged down 24 hours a day on most roads, with well-marked taxi-stands available outside most major shopping centres and hotels. At Changi Airport, the taxi stand is located just outside the Arrival Hall on Level 1 in Terminal 1, and located at the end of the Arrival Hall on Level 1 in Terminal 2 (South Wing)
Standard Taxi Rates(All taxis are metered.)
|Basic Fares||Standard Taxi||Limousine|
|For first 1km or part thereof (flag down fare)||SGD 2.80||SGD 3.20|
|Every 385 metres thereafter or less up to 10km||SGD 0.20||SGD 0.20|
|Every 330 metres thereafter or less after 10km||SGD 0.20||SGD 0.20|
|Every 45 secs of waiting or less||SGD 0.20||SGD 0.20|
Advance Booking Numbers
- Comfort Citycab Dial-A-Cab - Tel: (65) 6552 1111
- Comfort Premier Cabs - Tel: (65) 6552 2828
- Premier Taxis - Tel: (65) 6363 6888
- SMRT Taxis Skytrek Bookings / Premier Cabs - Tel: (65) 6555 8888
- Midnight – 5.59 am: 50% of metered fare
Peak hour surcharge
- Monday - Friday(7.00 am to 9.30 am): 35% of metered fare
- Monday - Saturday (5.00 pm to 8.00 pm): 35% of metered fare
Note: Not applicable on Sundays and Public Holidays
Public holiday surcharge
- From 6pm on the eve of five major public holidays (New Year's Day, first and second day of Lunar New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali and Christmas) to 12am of the day of the public holiday (surcharge will apply on the following Monday if the public holiday falls on a Sunday): SGD 1
Central Business District (CBD) surcharge
- Monday - Saturday : 5.00 pm to midnight $3.00
Note: Applicable for all trips starting from CBD area. Not applicable on Sundays and Public Holidays. The CBD Surcharge is payable on top of the Peak Hour Surcharge.
- Each time a taxi is hired at Changi or Seletar Airport: SGD 3. A surcharge of SGD 5 is payable on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for trips from 5pm to 12 midnight.
- Each time a taxi is hired at Singapore Expo Center: SGD 2
Note: Location Surcharges are applicable at the point of boarding
|Current Bookings||Standard Taxi||Limousine|
|Monday – Friday: 7.00 am to 9.30 am and 5.00 pm to 11.00 pm||SGD 3.50||SGD 8.00|
|At all other times including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays||SGD 2.50||SGD 8.00|
|Advance Bookings (at least half an hour in advance)||SGD 5.20||SGD 16.00|
|Terms & Conditions|
Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) charges
- Everytime a taxi passes through an Electronic Road Pricing gantry during peak hours on various roads (including the major expressways), a charge ranging from SGD 0.50 to SGD 3 is added to the taxi fare.
Note: Drivers showing red destination labels on their dashboard or windscreen are changing shift and prefer to accept passengers travelling in that general direction only.
Please check also at SMRT Website - Taxi Fares
Frequently Asked Questions
- What public transport is available to get to the airport?
- How long does it take to get from any point in Singapore to Orchard Road?
You may also be interested in...Comments