Singapore Art Museum
The Singapore Art Museum at Bras Basah Road is housed in a beautifully restored school building (the former St. Joseph's Institution). The Museum's architecture includes The Central Building, The Glass Hall, The Galleries, The Chapel, Anderson Wing, Queen Street Wing and the Courtyards which makes it Singapore's National Monument. Since its opening in 1996 the museum's permanent collection has grown from under 2000 art works to over 7000.
The mission of the Singapore Art Museum (SAM) is to preserve and present the art histories and contemporary art practices of Singapore and the Southeast Asian region. SAM is the only public institution in the world dedicated to the collection and development of Southeast Asian contemporary art. The museum also possesses a growing component of international contemporary art in its collection. SAM presents shows covering both local and international art practices, as well as cutting edge art expressions. Through strategic alliances with international arts and cultural institutions, SAM facilitates visual arts education, exchange, research and development within the region and internationally.
Opening HoursMonday to Sunday: 10am - 7pm
Friday: 10am - 9pm
- Adult: SGD 10
- Student: SGD 5
- Senior citizen aged 60 and above: SGD 5
- Groups of 20 or more: 20% discount
Free admission to SAM every Friday from 6pm to 9pm and on Open House days.
Last admission to the museum is at 6:15pm.
Guided Tours:English Tours
Tuesdays to Thursdays: 11am and 2pm
Fridays: 11pm, 2pm and 7pm
Saturdays and Sundays: 11am, 2pm and 3pm
Tuesdays to Fridays: 10.30am
Location: 71 Bras Basah Road Singapore 189555
Tel: (65) 6332 3222
Fax: (65) 6334 7919
How to get to Singapore Art Museum
SBS 7, 14, 16, 36, 111, 131, 162, 175, 508, 518
SMRT 77, 167, 171, 700
2-minute walk from Bras Basah MRT Station
10-minute walk from Dhoby Ghaut , City Hall or Bugis MRT stations.
Carparks available at Waterloo Street, Queen Street, NTUC Income Centre and Plaza by the Park.
Accessibility for the physically disabled: The following information is obtained from Access Singapore.
- Entrance - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Reserved disabled car park lot - Nil
- Accessibility within the premises - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled. Braille numbers for visually impaired. Signal equipment for hearing-impaired.
- Lifts - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Public toilets for the disabled - Level 1 and 2. Narrow door width. Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled.
- Eating outlets - Dome Cafe
- Public telephone - Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled
- Taxi stand - Nil
Web sites : Singapore Art MuseumComments