The Singapore Zoo (Former Singapore Zoological Gardens) is acclaimed as one of the world's most spectacular zoos. The use of natural barriers like streams, rock walls and vegetation to separate animals from visitors enhances the "open" zoo concept. Spreading over 28 hectares, it is home to over 3,600 mammals, birds and reptiles, including rare and endangered species. The Zoo's orang utan breeding programme has created a large community of these gentle, endangered species.
The breeding programme has also witnessed the first tropical birth of a polar bear. Other endangered species like the Malayan tiger, the white rhino, proboscis monkey, komodo dragon and the sealion have also found a haven in the zoo. A highlight is the Fragile Forest - an exciting and educational display of ecosystems and rainforest culture.
The Hamadryas Baboons - The Great Rift Valley : Ethiopia showcases the ecosystem typical of the savanna climatic zone in Ethiopia. The area is landscaped to include a multitude of habitats for a wide range of animals, rock formations and tribal villages. The exhibit is home to the rock hyrax, the banded mongoose, the black backed jackal and 50 hamadryas baboons.
A regular tram service that covers the entire Zoo offers an excellent overview of the attractions. The commentary provides useful information. However, to fully appreciate the zoo, the tram introduction should be complemented by a walking tour.
Guests can also enjoy breakfast with some of the animals from the zoo such as the Oriental small-clawed otter, the reticulated python and the highly-endangered Orang Utan in close proximity. Termed as Jungle Breakfast with Wildlife, this dining-in-the-wild experience promises to be a hit. Make a date with our friends at Ah Meng Restaurant (Terrace) over breakfast at 9am to 10:30am daily. This is priced at SGD 29 (adults) and SGD 19 (children 3 ~ 12 years old)
Winner of the Tourism Awards 2008, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001, 1998, 1993, 1992, 1991- Leisure Attraction of the Year.
Open: 8.30am - 6pm (daily)
Last ticket sale: 5.30pm
Admission: SGD 20.0 adults, SGD 13.0 children (3 - 12 years) (Note: All price includes 7% GST)
Tram rides (unlimited rides for both weekdays & weekends): SGD 5 adults, SGD 3 children
Boat rides: SGD 6 adults & SGD 3.5 children
Zoo-per Saver: In this package visitors to the Singapore Zoo can enjoy admission into the Singapore Zoo, Tram ride (unlimited) and Boat ride (unlimited) for SGD 27 for an adult and SGD 17 for a child.
Parking charges: Car/saloon S$4.0, Lorry/Van S$5.0
Admission ticket packages:
- SGD 32 adults, SGD 21 children for Singapore Zoo and Jurong BirdPark.
- SGD 42 adults, SGD 28 children for Singapore Zoo and Night Safari
- SGD 58 adults, SGD 38 children for Jurong BirdPark, Singapore Zoo and Night Safari
Approximate Touring Time: One day
Animal Presentation ~ Times:
- Splash Safari (At Shaw Foundation Amphitheatre) - Daily: 10:30am and 5:00pm
- Elephants At Work & Play (At Elephants of Asia) - 11.30am and 03:30pm (Daily)
- Animal Friends Show (At Rainforest Kidzworld Amphitheatre) - Daily: 11.00 pm and 4:00 pm
Accessibility for the physically disabled:
- Entrance - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Reserved disabled car park lot - Outside entrance. Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Accessibility within the premises - Hilly terrain. Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled.
- Lifts -Nil
- Public toilets for the disabled at the entrance and Pavilion by the Lake - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Public toilets for the disabled at the Reptile Garden - Narrow door width. Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled.
- Eating outlets - At the Makan Terrace. Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Public telephone - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Taxi stand - High kerb. Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled.
For more information visit - Singapore Zoo disabled friendly facilities
80 Mandai Lake Road
Phone: (65) 6269 3411
Fax: (65) 6365 2331
Getting There: Take the MRT to Choa Chu Kang Station (NS4), then board SMRT Bus 927 which takes you all the way to the zoo. Or take the MRT to Ang Mo Kio Station (NS16), then board SBS bus 138.