Jurong Bird Park
Jurong Bird Park is a 20.2 hectare open-concept park. It is the largest in the Asia Pacific and one of the finest bird parks in the world.
Jurong Bird Park, collection of more than 8,000 birds from 600 species, offers visitors an experience that is entertaining as well as educational. The whole family can enjoy the entertaining Birds n Buddies Show and be enthralled by the birds of prey in the King of the Skies show and in the Fuji World of Hawks. The bird shows at the Pools Amphitheatre featuring flamingoes, macaws, hornbills and cockatoos are both spectacular and funny, and recommended particularly for children. To watch magnificent birds of prey in action, catch the 'Fuji World of Hawks' show!
The Penguin Parade enclosure, in a re-created Antarctic setting, houses more than 200 penguins of five species. Within the Penguin Parade enclosure, there are some 50 other sea-birds such as the inca terns and puffins. Another highlight is the colorful Hornbills and Toucans exhibit, the world's largest collection of Southeast Asian Hornbills.
The Southeast Asian Birds Aviary houses in its 24 individual aviaries and a main walk-in aviary, more than 100 species of birds from the equatorial jungles of Southeast Asia. The birds' natural equatorial habitat is re-created within this exhibit, including simulated tropical thunderstorms everyday at noon.
One of the newly opened areas of the park is the African Waterfall Aviary, home to more than 1,500 free-flying African birds. This is an enclosed sexton of the park with many small tropical birds and a beautiful man-made waterfall.
The Lory Loft showcases the Lory, a native bird of Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Visitors can enter, traverse and exit Lory Loft at treetop level, allowing for a bird eye’s view of the majestic panorama. From beginning to end, the Lory Loft provides visitors with a 360 degrees elevated view of the environs.
Jurong Bird Park presents “The Early Bird Breakfast Show”, featuring a rare opportunity to get up close and personal with some of its prized birds, which includes Big John, a 45-year-old Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Merlin-the Yellow-Naped Amazon, Eclectus Parrots and more. Visitors will get the chance to mingle with these birds while having breakfast amidst the lush surroundings of the Jurong Bird Park. The programme takes place at the Bongo Burgers Terrace daily, with breakfast starting at 8.30am and the show beginning at 9.15am. For reservations, call (65) 6661 7856.
The Bird Discovery Centre, a living classroom is where visitors will be able to find the answers to their questions on birds as well as see the different stages of a bird’s life from an embryo to an egg, come up close to the now-extinct Elephant bird, specimens of birds’ anatomies, and many more. The Bird Discovery Centre is open to visitors from 8.30am to 6.00pm daily.
The Bird Park added yet another feather to its cap with the addition of The Riverine - a simulated natural freshwater river habitat featuring over 20 species of ducks, fishes and turtles.
The best way to start a tour of the Bird Park is to board the modern, air-conditioned panorail system. Its route covers the entire Park, providing excellent elevated views of the various exhibits. A walking tour is then suggested, using the Park's footpaths and map.
Open: 8:30 am - 6 pm (daily) (Last ticket sale at 5.30pm)
Admission: SGD 18 adults, SGD 12 children (3-12 years), Free for child below 3 years old.
Admission ticket packages:
For admission to Singapore Zoological Gardens, Night Safari and Jurong BirdPark. Tickets are valid for one month from date of issue. Visits to the three attractions need not be in one day.
Note: Operating hours for Singapore Zoo - 8.30am to 6.00pm daily (Last ticket sale at 5.30pm) and for Night Safari - 7.30pm to 12midnight daily (Last ticket sale at 11.00pm)
- SGD 32 adults, SGD 21 children for Jurong BirdPark and Singapore Zoo
- SGD 42 adults, SGD 28 children for Jurong BirdPark and Night Safari
- SGD 58 adults, SGD 38 children for Jurong BirdPark, Singapore Zoo and Night Safari
Approximate Touring Time: Half day
Panorail: Time: 8:30 am - 6 pm, SGD 5 adults, SGD 3 Children (under 12 years)
- Kings of the Skies Show: 10am and 4pm at Hawk Walk
- "Birds n Buddies" show: 11am and 3pm at Pools Amphitheatre
- Lunch with Parrots: 1pm at Songbird Terrace
Egg-cellent Saver: In this package visitors to the Bird Park can enjoy admission into the Bird Park, round trip Panorail Ride and free Lory Loft Bird Feeding for SGD 26 for an adult and SGD 18 for a child.
Accessibility for the physically disabled:
- Entrance - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Reserved disabled car park lot - Opposite the entrance. Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Accessibility within the premises - Big compound and hill terrain at some points. Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled.
- Lifts - For the panorail ride. Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled.
- Public toilets for the disabled located at the main entrance - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Public toilets for the disabled located at the Panorail Waterfall Station - Narrow door width and steep ramp. Access to wheelchair is limited and assistance may be required. Accessible to ambulant-disabled.
- Eating outlets - Bongo Burgers located near entrance. Drink and snack stalls at the African Waterfall Aviary and Terrace Kiosk. Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Public telephone - Accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled.
- Taxi stand - Entrance.
- Remarks - All wheelchair can be wheeled in.
For more information visit - Disabled Friendly Facilities of Jurong Bird Park.
2 Jurong Hill
Phone: (65) 6265 0022
Fax: (65) 6261 1869
Getting There: Take the MRT to Boon Lay Station (EW27), then take SBS bus 194 or 251.