IFMA's FMP Program: Leadership & Strategy Essentials on 29th & 30th April 2013Submitted by fmsasia on April 4, 2013 - 3:54pm
181 Kitchener Road, Singapore
Phone: 6100 3672
Fax: 6899 4577
Facility managers serve in two leadership roles:
- First, they must lead the facility organization by providing guidance to staff and service providers.
- Second, they must influence the decisions and attitudes of the organization’s leaders as well as that of occupants, government officials, suppliers, community leaders and business partners.
To be effective in both roles requires facility managers to develop strategies to successfully carry out major initiatives and influence the decisions and attitudes of others. Effective strategies require facility managers to be able to integrate people, place, processes and technology. They must be able to align the facility portfolio and functionality with the organization’s missions and available resources, and they must be innovative in order to move forward with their staff and processes to respond to the ever changing
Advantages for facility managers who champion planning and implementation of strategy at their FM organization may include the following:
- Executives/clients see the FM organization’s role as helping their organization succeed.
- Executives/clients treat the FM organization as a partner in growth, change and problem solving rather than just thinking of it as a cost center.
- Executives/clients include facility managers in their strategy development.
- Facility managers can make the most of available resources and can forecast when resources will be inadequate to support organizational goals.
- Facility managers can learn a straightforward process got understanding what is needed to help the entire organization succeed, analyzing user needs, planning a strategy and acting to move from plans to results.
- Facility managers have enough perspective to present business cases for or against proposed projects, service delivery or other FM activities.
- Facility managers and staff make time to devote to leadership development and relationship building.
Workshop Detail Outline:
- Plan Strategically
- Lead and Manage the Facility Organisation
- Provide Leadership to the Entire Organization